I took this photo yesterday morning:
On the left is my Lenovo tablet, my main laptop computer. On the right is a mostly empty glass containing a small amount of sports drink, i.e. a slightly acidic, somewhat sticky fluid. You’ll notice that some amount of said fluid is on the screen, in the keyboard, and on the power connector of said computer. Whoops. Considering how much time I spend around computers, it’s surprising that this sort of thing doesn’t happen more often.
I powered the machine down as quickly as possible after the spill and pulled the AC cable from the wall. I should have pulled the battery next but I couldn’t resist capturing the moment in a photograph. Then I removed the battery and poured the remaining liquid out of the keyboard. Then I cleaned off the screen as well as I could. Unfortunately some amount of the liquid got in between the LCD and the bezel, I think.